Bonds & Loans
and Capital Markets Malaysia
recently conducted a Green Sukuk Roundtable, bringing together a distinguished group of thought leaders from across the world to debate the state and evolution of ESG-linked Sukuk globally and Malaysia’s role in internationalising the sustainable Sukuk market.
Broadening the Reach of Sustainable Finance: Can Malaysia Internationalise the Sustainable Sukuk Market?
- Zainal Izlan Zainal Abidin, Deputy Chief Executive, Securities Commission Malaysia
- John Arentz, Head of Treasury, Majid Al Futtaim
- Sayed Al-Gohary, Investor Relations Head, Saudi Electricity Company
- Nor Masliza Sulaiman, Senior Managing Director & Head Capital Markets, Group Treasury & Markets, CIMB Investment Bank
- Promod Das, CEO, RAM Sustainability & Deputy Group CEO, RAM Holdings
- Aamir Rehman, Senior Advisor – Islamic Finance, UNDP
- Mohd Daud Bakar, Founder, Amanie Advisors
- Andrew Lim, Head, Regional DCM (ex-Malaysia), Maybank Investment Bank
- Beroz Mirdin, Chief Executive Officer, Telekosang Hydro
- Dino Kronfol, Chief Investment Officer, Global Sukuk and MENA Fixed Income, Franklin Templeton Investments
- Doug Bitcon, Head of Credit Strategies, Rasmala
Sustainable finance has taken on a profoundly more pronounced role in international funding and investment in recent years, a trend that has clearly accelerated in a post-COVID environment characterised by rising social inequality and environmental risks.
Broadening sustainable finance structures to be more inclusive, a key driver behind the Securities Commission Malaysia’s (SC) embrace of Sustainable and Responsible Investment and the development of a thriving local sustainable Islamic finance market, could hold the key to plugging a yawning global sustainable funding gap – estimated to be in the trillions of dollars annually – and bring new pockets of liquidity and borrowers to the table, according to experts who participated in an exclusive roundtable discussion hosted by GFC Media Group and Capital Markets Malaysia.
Read Full Report : Roundtable Summary Report
The information provided in this report is of a general nature and has been prepared for information purposes only. It is not intended to constitute research or as advice for any investor. The information in this report is not and should not be construed or considered as an offer, recommendation or solicitation for investments. Investors are advised to make their own independent evaluation of the information contained in this report, consider their own individual investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs and should seek appropriate personalised financial advice from a qualified professional to suit individual circumstances and risk profile.
The information contained in this report is prepared from data believed to be correct and reliable at the time of issuance of this report. While every effort is made to ensure the information is up-to-date and correct, Bond and Sukuk Information Platform Sdn Bhd (“the Company”) does not make any guarantee, representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the adequacy, accuracy, completeness, reliability or fairness of any such information contained in this report and accordingly, neither the Company nor any of its affiliates nor its related persons shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any consequences (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profits and damages) of any reliance thereon or usage thereof.